INTEREST ON STUDENT LOANS TO DOUBLE IN JULY????????
- Pres. Obama said, “Congress needs to stop the interest rates on student loans from doubling this July.”
- Student debt in the US is now $1T +
- Average student college debt is now more than $24,000
- Cost of going to school is outstripping all but richest students ability to pay
- This year, 43 states have reduced funding for public colleges on top of record tuition increases last year. Decreasing state funding has driven tuition up sometimes by double-digit percentages in some states.
- College education affects lifelong earnings
- We are the future of the US and we will soon be priced out of being able to prepare ourselves for this future
- This uniquely effects our generation
OUR TIME POSITION
States cannot continue to cut funding for public higher education institutions, and colleges must spend money wisely to ensure tuition does not keep rising.